Why should you explore Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Japan?
- The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Japan is a peaceful, green place. The beauty is breathtaking. In the windy seasons, it is even more mesmerizing as the bamboo stalks rock gently back and forth.
- Going to this Bamboo Grove is like stepping into a whole different world. Walking through the bamboo forest through the crisp morning air is also highly enjoyable.
Fun Facts about The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove is about 500 meters long. It is actually 2 separate groves between Tenryu-Ji Temple land but combined it makes 500 meters.
- The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove is a natural phenomenon that has mostly Moso Bamboo and has many paths for tourists to walk through.
- A former actor and movie star, Denjirō Ōkōchi, lived in The Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. His house is preserved and is open to tourists.
Where to Stay
- Although there are no hotels inside the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, there are various hotels near it. One of the best hotels in Arashiyama is the Suiran Hotel in Arashiyama. It is an authentic Japanese luxury hotel located an 18-minute walk (11-minute drive) from the Arashiyama Bamboo Grove.
How to get there
- Flight (19-22 hrs.)
“It was a cool morning with a slight drizzle. The walk was enjoyable amongst the green backdrop. The air was fresh, felt extra oxygenated. Lots of tourists and locals, great for photos. Some dressed in kimonos, others capturing funny poses.”
“The bamboo grove was spectacular. Pictures were amazing but seeing it person is sooo much better. The mountain climb to the tea garden and beyond was an unexpected lovely surprise. The views are breathtaking.”