to qualify you should be
- a Sawnee EMC residential member and
• has a central air conditioning unit to cool your home and
• installed or plan to purchase, an Internet-connected smart thermostat and
- should not have the conventional Load Management Switch(es) installed at your residence and
- you should have one of these smart thermostat or plan to buy
• Radio Thermostat
The Smart Savers Program helps reduce energy usage during times of peak energy demand; it has the same goal as the existing Load Management program that we have had for over 30 years. However, with the Smart Savers program, there is no need for a physical “switch” to be connected to your outside HVAC unit…your smart thermostat acts as the switch. By enrolling your internet connected smart thermostat into our Smart Savers program, you agree to let Sawnee EMC make brief, limited adjustments to your thermostat during times of peak electricity demand in the summer. For every thermostat you enroll, you will get $36. Plus, every following summer that you stay enrolled, you will receive up to $36 for continuing to participate.